Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Custom Built In Bookcases


In our last home I had installed a large built in bookcase. After moving to this home, as we tried to unpack, it quickly became apparent that it would need to be a high priority to create another so that we could find homes for all of our belongings.


With a base of 2x4s we can use prebuilt upper cabinets. The handles were swapped out to create a nicer look and I created this pretty counter top for a custom fit.


Building in the shelves took a couple of days and quite a few trips up and down the stairs to make sure that everything was the perfect fit


I was so excited to start unpacking everything that I got it under way before I even got to painting the walls or installing the base trim.


That created a home for most of my books but the kids' books still needed to have a home. This window alcove looked like the perfect kid nook for their bookcases.


With the window seat installed I started to build their bookcases on either side of the windows.


Two large bookcases with storage underneath will be perfect to complete their space.


All in all it took me most of a week to get this done but the end result is so pretty and all of our beautiful books have a home!

No comments:

Post a Comment